One of the most popular ways to use aromatherapy is through massage. The essential oils are added to a carrier oil to dilute the mixture and are then massaged into the skin.
An aromatherapy massage will be tailored to suit your specific requirements.
Aromatherapy massages are incredibly relaxing. They give you the opportunity to reap the benefits of both aromatherapy and massage.
- Psychological benefits.
- Can help to lift mood (physical touch boosts our happy hormones, you should leave feeling uplifted).
- Promotes relaxation, reducing stress and improving your sense of well-being.
- Reduces nervous tension (our bodies hold a lot of psychological tension, so releasing this can be helpful).
- Physical benefits.
- Stimulates the body’s immune system, protecting itself from illness.
- Eases muscle tension (making you feel more relaxed and soothing aching muscles).
- Encourages lymphatic drainage, helping to reduce fluid and toxin build-up.
- Boosts circulation (helping blood and oxygen circulate the body to promote healing).